One of the top nursing schools in the nation, UR Nursing’s DNP and PhD programs prepare students to break ground on new solutions to improve patient care and address health care’s biggest challenges through innovative practice and research.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice program (DNP)
- Post-BS to DNP program of study — For highly qualified nurses with a bachelor’s degree in nursing who want to earn their DNP degree. Post-baccalaureate students will select an area of practice specialty (NP or CNL).
- Post-Master's Entry — For nurses with master’s degrees who want to earn their DNP, master’s courses will be transferred into the program upon transcript analysis.
- MS-PhD Combined Accelerated program — PhD graduates with nurse practitioner preparation will be prepared to practice in their specialty area and conduct research in academic and clinical settings. Earn your MS and PhD in five years of full-time effort.
- MSN-PhD Combined Accelerated program — PhD graduates with nurse educator preparation will be highly sought as faculty members and instructors. Earn your MS and PhD in five years of full-time effort.
- PhD in Nursing & Health Science program — Become a leader in the profession and participate in national and international research efforts to improve the health care system. Learn alongside nationally-recognized scientists with the support and opportunities of a large, leading academic medical center.
Meet our Program Directors
In the News
- Top Stories
- Alumna Named URMC Nursing's Equity and Inclusion Leader
- Building A Bridge: Study Led by DNP Student Links Transition of Care to Reduced Hospital Readmissions
- National Nursing Leaders Speak on Caring in Crisis at UR Nursing’s DNP Summit
- UR School of Nursing Hosts 5th Annual DNP Summit: DNPs Leading and Caring in Crisis