SON Scholarships & Other Aid Opportunities
We are dedicated to supporting our students financially through the following scholarship, grant, and other aid opportunities.
UR Nursing Scholarships and Grants
- Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship — This 50 percent scholarship is currently being offered to students living or working in the Finger Lakes region who apply to the Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or RN to BS program.
- Affiliate Professional Development Grant — Work at a URMC affiliate organization? Receive 55 percent in tuition support for the RN to BS and select master's programs.
- SON Tuition Grant — The School of Nursing Tuition Grant, together with UR employee tuition benefits, will cover the full cost of tuition for University of Rochester employees who enroll in the RN to BS program or select master's programs.
- SON-Funded Scholarships —The School of Nursing awards scholarships to Accelerated Bachelor's program students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and/or leadership potential. Scholarships are awarded during the admission process. All applicants are automatically considered. SON-Funded scholarships are made possible by the generous support of many alumni and friends of the School of Nursing.
- Dean's Diversity Scholarships — The purpose of the Dean’s Diversity Scholarship is to support the mission of the UR School of Nursing to diversify the nursing workforce.
- PhD Tuition Awards & Stipend Support — All full-time UR School of Nursing PhD students are fully funded with full tuition waivers and an additional cost-of-living stipend of $25,000.
- Care Management Education program — All employees of the University of Rochester Medical Center and affiliates will receive a $60 discount for the online Care Management Education program ($10 discount per module).
External Scholarship Opportunities
Our highly-motivated and academically-driven students are also excellent candidates for outside scholarships. See external scholarships and other funding opportunities.
UR Employee Benefits
Employees at the University of Rochester and elsewhere may be eligible for substantial tuition benefits. See University of Rochester’s Tuition Benefits for specific benefit information. You can also learn whether your tuition benefits are taxable and to complete a tax exemption form. You should notify your financial aid counselor of any expected tuition benefits.
Employee Sponsored Payment Plan
Students outside of the University of Rochester who receive employee benefits may take advantage of the Employer Sponsored Payment (ESP) Plan. The plan gives students receiving employment benefits the opportunity to defer tuition payment until the end of the semester. To receive this benefit, contact our Registrar at (585) 275-8832.
The School of Nursing reviews admission applications for potential grant and scholarship assistance. Amounts are awarded by the specific program to which you have applied for admission and are incorporated into your financial aid package once determined. There is no application process.
The School of Nursing participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. More information about the program and other resources for veterans can be found on the University of Rochester's Veteran and Military Family Services page.
FAFSA, & Additional Types of Aid
All students applying for federal assistance must submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). We recommend our students fill out their FAFSA before or during the application process to better understand the aid they will receive for their intended program.
For more information about additional types of aid, including Federal Direct Loans, Federal Parent PLUS Loans, Federal Graduate PLUS Loans, State Educational Loans, and Alternative Educational Loans, please visit the University of Rochester's Financial Aid website.