Online and Blackboard Help for Students
The UR School of Nursing provides the resources you need to succeed in your online courses. If you need help, and can’t find the right resource below, see us in person at the CERC desk, email SON_HelpBB@urmc.rochester.edu, or call (585) 275-7500.
- Course Navigation and the SON Template
- Global Navigation
- Submitting an Assignment
- Taking a test
- Checking Grades
- Viewing Instructor Feedback
- Navigating Discussion Boards
- Working in Groups
- Using Blogs
- Creating and Editing Wikis
- Sending Email to Classmates and Professor
Check the resources below to update your browser or learn how to clear your cache, which can solve many glitches in Blackboard.
- Hardware & Software Required for Online Courses
- List of Supported Browsers
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to Clear Your Browser’s Cookies
- Updating Java for PC
- Updating Java for Mac
- Clearing Java Cache
- Clearing Java Cache (Mac)
If you are still experiencing problems with Blackboard, try resetting your web browser.
- Student Resource Guide for Miner Library
- Miner Library Resources & Your Library Liaison
- Miner Library Blackboard Classes
Online Learning Tools
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Adobe Connect: Adobe Connect is software which allows a "real time" meeting or class. If your instructor is using Adobe Connect, they will send you a meeting invitation. Below is a guide which will help you test your computer to ensure that it is able to use Adobe Connect, and will also help you connect to the meeting.
- Visual Quick start Guide for participants in Adobe Connect meetings
- Email: The School of Nursing requires all matriculated student communication to be through the email assigned to the student (firstname.lastname@example.org address). You should be checking for important messages as you are responsible for the information in those communications. You may check that email by clicking the "My Email" tab in Blackboard or by visiting mail.urmc.rochester.edu.