At the University of Rochester School of Nursing, we believe that every student benefits from a strong support network of peers and faculty. The Center for Academic and Professional Success (CAPS) is an extraordinary resource for School of Nursing students who want to improve their learning strategies, critical thinking skills, study habits, or receive academic assistance in a particular content area.
CAPS is overseen by faculty and student representatives committed to the academic success and professional growth of all School of Nursing students. Complete a self-referral to get started today.
All CAPS services are free to School of Nursing students and include:
- Instruction and tutoring (group or individual) to promote critical thinking and study skills related to specific course content (NUR 372 and 377)
- Additional instruction (group or individual) for students experiencing academic challenges
- Assistance with test-taking, math, and writing skills to increase student confidence
- Career planning, resume writing, and mentoring to facilitate career transition or advancement
- Help conducting library and database searches for literature reviews
- Stress management and other services to balance personal and professional goals
Sign Up for CAPS
Complete a self-referral form online using the same login you use for your URMC email.
If you have any questions or issues with the form, please email SONHelp@URMC.Rochester.edu or call 585-275-7500. If you’ve submitted a referral form in the past, you can also view your request history.
Study Skills Self-Service
The CAPS office is located in Room 1W141, directly across from the Clinical Education Resource Center (CERC) desk on the first floor of Helen Wood Hall.