The Accelerated Programs for Non-Nurses offer a unique and immersive education experience to help you succeed in the field of nursing. Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher is required in:
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II, human specific (labs not required)
- Microbiology (labs not required)
- Nutrition, human specific
- Human Growth & Development
The School of Nursing offers these prerequisites as online courses at a discounted flat fee. You can complete these requirements in just 4 to 15 weeks before you begin the program.If you have a course still outstanding in the final semester before the program begins, we prefer that you take the course through our online prerequisites.)
Demonstration of satisfactory completion of all prerequisite coursework and final degree conferral through official submission of final transcripts must be completed by the start of the semester, but no later than 2 weeks into the first semester as a matriculated student.
Other Accredited Schools
If you choose to complete your prerequisites elsewhere, we require they be taken at a two- or four- year accredited school.
The regional accreditations we accept (depending on location) include:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission (North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
The institutional accreditations we accept (depending on location) include:
If you are registering at one of these accredited schools, please feel free to email the Admissions Office at SON_Admissions@urmc.rochester.edu to check that the course description is appropriate.